Board of Directors, Minutes & Bylaws
From the Board Room
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative was held at its office in Aitkin, Minnesota on June 15, 2018. All board members were present.
Routine business included the approval of the May minutes and manager and directors’ expense vouchers. Routine reports included team reports, financial reports, an update on the general manager’s activities since last month, the accident and mileage report, and loss control and safety.
Other reports: May 2018 GRE Board Report and the April 2018 Financial Highlights, May 2018 MREA Newsletter was reviewed, MREA Minnesota Co-op Attorney Seminar report submitted by Henry Brucker was reviewed, RESCO 2018 Director Ballot
- The RUS Workplan loan paperwork was reviewed with the Board.
- M/S/P to accept RUS loan and to sign and file the loan documents.
- Discussion on the interaction of the Cost-of-Service study, Rates and the current Capital Credit Policy. The discussion included our current process for late payments. Based on the overall discussion, suggested edits were proposed to Policy 206.
- Approved the recommended electric, long distance, and internet, write-offs for this month
- Approved revised policies 102, 201, 201A, 201B, 201C, 202, and 202A.
- Confirmed meetings, including the GRE Strategic Planning, MREA District 2, MREA Energy Issues Summit and pre-meeting workshop, and NRECA Regions 5 and 6.
- Approved Policy No. 206 – Patronage Capital Credits as recommended.
- Approved Billing Team to review and determine a new late payment fee process.
- Management Evaluation/Compensation Process. M/S/P to table the decision on adopting a new policy and process to allow directors time to read information.
Board Meeting dates were set for the Fridays of July 20, August 17, and September 21.
The Cooperative is divided into seven districts. Each is represented by one member of that district on the Board of Directors. Director candidates are solicited from within each district though an open filing process. Directors are elected by those members present at the Annual Meeting and by mail ballot. They are elected for three-year terms. The Board members set the policies by which the Cooperative operates, and they hire a general manager. They meet monthly, normally the third Friday.
|DISTRICT NO. 1||
46393 Earle Brown Dr, Garrison MN 56450 - phone: 320-692-4800 email@example.com
District 1 shall be comprised of the City of Onamia and the following Townships in Mille Lacs County: North Kathio, South Kathio, South Harbor, Onamia, Bradbury, and Dailey, and the following in Crow Wing County: Roosevelt.
|DISTRICT NO. 2||
William "Bill" Bernard
27847 Ak Sar Ben Ln, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-678-3911 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 2 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Crow Wing County: Rabbit Lake, Deerwood, Bay Lake, Nokay Lake.
|DISTRICT NO. 3||
26818 170th St, McGrath MN 56350 - phone: 218-232-2935 email@example.com
|District 3 shall be comprised of the City of Garrison and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Lakeside, Idun, Seavey; and the following in Mille Lacs County; Eastside; and the following in Crow Wing County: Garrison.|
|DISTRICT NO. 4||
26205 State Hwy 210, McGregor MN 55760 - phone: 218-768-4900 -firstname.lastname@example.org
District 4 shall be comprised of the City of McGregor and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Jevne, McGregor, Spalding, Davidson, Kimberly, Spencer, Aitkin, Lee, Rice River, and Workman.
|DISTRICT NO. 5||
34057 Dove St, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-927-4134 email@example.com
|District 5 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Aitkin County: Nordland, Glen, Jewett, Malmo.|
|DISTRICT NO. 6||
35651 464th Ln, Palisade MN 56469 - phone: 218-851-4760 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 6 shall be comprised of the City of Palisade and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Verdon, Unorganized T51-R25, White Elk, Bain, Hebron, Libby, Logan, Waukenabo, Esquagamah, Unorganized T48-R27, Morrison, and Fleming; and the following in Crow Wing County: Ross Lake, Fairfield, Dean Lake.
|DISTRICT NO. 7||
Michael W Reem
23937 435th Ave, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-678-2961 email@example.com
|District 7 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Aitkin County: Farm Island, Wealthwood, Hazelton.|
PO Box 230, Aitkin MN 56431
Articles and Bylaws of Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative