Board of Directors, Minutes & Bylaws
From the Board Room
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative was held at its office in Aitkin, Minnesota on November 16, 2018.
Routine business included the approval of the October minutes and work orders for September. Routine reports included: team reports, financial reports, activity reports, the accident and mileage report, and the loss control and safety report.
- The 2019 Annual Technology Plan was presented by Technology & Energy Services Manager.
- NRECA video “What Boards Need to Consider in Setting Rates” was viewed prior to the presentation on proposed 2019 rates.
- The Management Team and Staff Accountant presented proposed 2019 rates based on the Cost of Service Study recently completed by The Prime Group.
- GM Brian Zelenak and GRE Rep Jeff Borling presented MLEC’s Revolving Loan Fund Plan.
Other reports: October GRE Board Report and September Financial Report, MREA October Board Report and procedure for submitting resolutions, information regarding CFC’s One Card Program and note of a cash rebate received, a thank you for renewing membership with Cooperative Network, January 2019 monthly board benefits schedule and explanation of benefits, and confidential discussion and updates.
- MLEC Annual Meeting - Thursday, April 11, 2019 is the date set for 2019 Annual Meeting.
- Other scheduled meetings were reviewed.
- Board meeting dates were set for the Fridays of December 21, 2018, January 18and February 15, 2019.
- Approved the 2019 Annual Technology Plan presented.
- Approved new rates to move towards an equal rate of return by rate class.
- Approved the recommended electric, long distance, internet and other accounts receivable write-offs for this month in the amount of $3,582.51.
- Approved retirement of capital credits in the amount of $402,729 to be applied to the bills of active members or by check in December.
- Approved revised policies 307, 308 and 309.
- Approved the MLEC Revolving Loan Fund Plan and a resolution in support of the plan.
- Approval a Christmas gift for all employees.
- Approved board meeting date in February and director participation in scheduled meetings.
- Approved acceptance of the contract with Great River Energy for Mark Fagan to serve as MLEC Interim General Manager.
The Cooperative is divided into seven districts. Each is represented by one member of that district on the Board of Directors. Director candidates are solicited from within each district though an open filing process. Directors are elected by those members present at the Annual Meeting and by mail ballot. They are elected for three-year terms. The Board members set the policies by which the Cooperative operates, and they hire a general manager. They meet monthly, normally the third Friday.
|DISTRICT NO. 1||
46393 Earle Brown Dr, Garrison MN 56450 - phone: 320-692-4800 email@example.com
District 1 shall be comprised of the City of Onamia and the following Townships in Mille Lacs County: North Kathio, South Kathio, South Harbor, Onamia, Bradbury, and Dailey, and the following in Crow Wing County: Roosevelt.
|DISTRICT NO. 2||
William "Bill" Bernard
27847 Ak Sar Ben Ln, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-678-3911 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 2 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Crow Wing County: Rabbit Lake, Deerwood, Bay Lake, Nokay Lake.
|DISTRICT NO. 3||
26818 170th St, McGrath MN 56350 - phone: 218-232-2935 email@example.com
|District 3 shall be comprised of the City of Garrison and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Lakeside, Idun, Seavey; and the following in Mille Lacs County; Eastside; and the following in Crow Wing County: Garrison.|
|DISTRICT NO. 4||
26205 State Hwy 210, McGregor MN 55760 - phone: 218-768-4900 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 4 shall be comprised of the City of McGregor and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Jevne, McGregor, Spalding, Davidson, Kimberly, Spencer, Aitkin, Lee, Rice River, and Workman.
|DISTRICT NO. 5||
34057 Dove St, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-927-4134 email@example.com
|District 5 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Aitkin County: Nordland, Glen, Jewett, Malmo.|
|DISTRICT NO. 6||
35651 464th Ln, Palisade MN 56469 - phone: 218-851-4760 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 6 shall be comprised of the City of Palisade and the following Townships in Aitkin County: Verdon, Unorganized T51-R25, White Elk, Bain, Hebron, Libby, Logan, Waukenabo, Esquagamah, Unorganized T48-R27, Morrison, and Fleming; and the following in Crow Wing County: Ross Lake, Fairfield, Dean Lake.
|DISTRICT NO. 7||
Michael W Reem
23937 435th Ave, Aitkin MN 56431 - phone: 218-839-5697 email@example.com
|District 7 shall be comprised of the following Townships in Aitkin County: Farm Island, Wealthwood, Hazelton.|
Articles and Bylaws of Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative
2017 MLEC Financial Information (2018 financials will be available prior to the Annual Meeting on 4/11/19)