Skip to main navigation.

Transfer of Existing Electric Service

To transfer an account at a property where there is currently electrical service or reconnect the service, MLEC will need the following information:

  • Service address for the service - A meter number may be required as it is the best way to locate an account.
  • Name of the outgoing party
  • Date of transfer
  • Name, address and contact phone number of the new party

MLEC will require the following signed paperwork plus a deposit or satisfactory credit history with MLEC:

(Forms on this page allow info to be typed in, but do require you to print the page and sign prior to returning to MLEC.)

You may come to our Aitkin office or contact us by phone or email with the transfer information.  If you contact us by phone, you will be mailed, emailed or faxed the paperwork. If you come to our office, we can take care of the paperwork at that time.

Call Member SLink to MLEC Owner's Manual for Member Informationervices at 218-429-0433 (local, Aitkin) or 800-497-5310; or, email

You are a member/owner when you receive electric service from MLEC - Find out more about your cooperative - click the Owner's Manual now!



Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo